- Science-Based Nutrition
- Pharmaceutical Grade
- Dietary Supplement With 200 mg Active S-Adenosyl Methionine Per Tablet
- Enhances Mood & Neural Function
- Promotes Joint Comfort & Mobility
- Supports Liver Health & Detoxification
- Sealed in Blister Packs for Freshness & Convenience
Doctor's Best SAMe is proven to enhance mood and promote cognitive health
- SAMe is essential for the healthy metabolism of the major brain transmitters dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine
- SAMe has been proven to promote joint comfort and mobility and supports liver health and detoxification
- SAMe's effectiveness has been proven with 18 controlled human trials published over 40 years
- Pharmaceutical grade, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Vegan
S-Adenosyl Methionine (SAMe) is derived from the amino acid methionine and is one of the most important methyl donors in the central nervous system. Methylation (donation of methyl groups) is an essential process in ensuring the proper function of a number of organ systems. SAMe is involved in numerous biochemical reactions in tissues including the liver, joints and brain. SAMe is also required for the biosynthesis of critical neurotransmitters and hormones.
Supplementing with SAMe
The manufacturing process of SAMe yields two forms, the S,S and the R,S isomers. The S,S isomer is the active form that mediates biochemical activity in the human body, whereas the R,S form is considered to be biologically inactive. The Italian SAMe used in our SAMe 200 is processed to yield the highest available percentage of the active pure S,S form on the market.
SAMe and Joint Function
SAMe may enhance cartilage protection and promote the synthesis of proteoglycans, essential components of connective tissue. Clinical studies show an ability of SAMe to enhance mobility and movement, and promote joint comfort.
SAMe and Neural Health
SAMe-catalyzed methylation reactions promote the synthesis of neurotransmitters, which have the potential to promote enhanced mood. SAMe may also upregulate the production of phosphatidylcholine, supporting cognitive function.
SAMe and Liver Function
SAMe enhances liver synthesis of glutathione, an antioxidant. Glutathione promotes detoxification and liver protection. Studies show SAMe may protect liver tissue from injury caused by a number of toxins.
Our SAMe 200 contains 200 mg of active SAMe in each tablet. Doctor's Best utilizes only the highest quality Italian SAMe available on the market. This ensures that you receive the most potent SAMe product with the highest percentage of the active S,S form per serving, bar none.
Suggested Use Adult Use: Take 1 tablet daily away from food, or as directed by a health care professional. Do not chew or crush tablet.