acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC) for support of the brain and nerves*
- acts as an antioxidant in the brain and nerves of the upper and lower limbs*
- supports healthy brain function*
- minimizes discomfort due to alterations in nerve function in individuals undergoing cancer therapy*
- promotes healthy sperm count and sperm motility*
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine for Support of the Brain and Peripheral Nerves
- Acts as an Antioxidant in the Brain and Peripheral Nervous System
- Supports Healthy Brain Function and Memory
- Promotes Healthy Sperm Count and Sperm Motility
- Contains no Preservatives, Magnesium Stearate, or Other Lubricants and Diluents
Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC) is synthesized from L-carnitine in the brain, liver, and kidney.
ALC supports fat metabolism and energy production in the mitochondria. In addition, ALC supports brain function by enhancing production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
Taken supplementally, ALC is better absorbed and crosses the blood-brain barrier better than L-carnitine. Several studies have demonstrated ALC's effectiveness in supporting cognitive health in the elderly, especially if supplementation is begun when mental health is thought to be at risk of declining. Other studies have shown ALC may be of benefit for maintaining a positive mood in the elderly, possibly by partially inhibiting the activity of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and lowering chronically elevated cortisol levels (which become elevated during stressful situations).
Suggested Use Take 1 capsule one to three times daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.